RETURNS AND REFUNDS
HOW TO RETURN OR EXCHANGE AN ITEM
You can return or exchange unwanted items up to 30 days after purchase except animals (see section below on “returning an animal” for further details). Items must:
- Be unused and in their original condition (including all labels packaging intact).
- Have proof of purchase such as order number, invoice, or delivery note.
There are some items that we can't return or exchange unless faulty.
Read our return policy to find out more. Is your item broken or faulty? Find out what to do next.
WAYS TO RETURN
- Login to my account.
- Click on "Cases" and then "Submit New Case".
- Enter the order number you wish to create a return for.
- Select "Return" from the "Type of Enquiry" dropdown.
- Using the "Message" field, identify the product(s) you wish to return, the quantity and the reason for return - enter as many additional details as possible about the return.
- Submit request.
- If appropriate, we will issue a Returns Authorisation Form with instructions on how to return the item.
- Please note we will not be able to process any returns without a Returns Authorisation Form attached to the Return.
- DO NOT SEND PRODUCT WITHOUT A RETURNS FORM
- Please have details of the product/animal and your order number to hand before phoning 01223 208261.
- The Customer Services Team will enter your return request onto your account.
- All returned products must be logged onto your account prior to return to ensure that we can process your return quickly and efficiently.
- Please note we will not be able to process any returns without a Returns Authorisation Form attached.
- DO NOT SEND PRODUCT WITHOUT A RETURNS FORM.
When returning your item, the way you originally paid will determine how we refund you.
- If you paid by credit or debit card, we can refund directly to the card originally used to place and pay for the order or another credit or debit card.
- If you paid on account a credit memo will be issued.
Returning your product because you changed your mind.
- Please login to my account, locate the order number in the purchase history and submit a return request. Please enter as many details about the return as possible in the comments section.
- Once authorised, we will issue a Returns Authorisation Form with instructions on how to return the item.
- Please return your item unused and in original condition (including all labels and tags intact) with proof of purchase within 30 days, and we’ll give you an exchange or refund, as long as your returned product meets our terms and conditions.
- We recommend using a tracked method of delivery or obtaining a proof of delivery for returns. We will not accept any liability for items that are damaged in transit to us.
- Please be aware that we'll only process your refund once the item has been returned to us and checked; this can take up to 14 days.
- Please login to my account, locate the order number in the purchase history and submit a return request. Please enter as many details about the fault as possible in the comments section.
- Each complaint is treated individually, and we will make sure the matter is resolved as quickly as possible. Once authorised, we will issue a Returns Authorisation Form with instructions on how to return the item.
- In the event that we cannot solve the problem, we will either arrange a collection of the item or ask you to return it to us so we can examine the item and arrange for a suitable replacement or refund. Please note it may take up to 14 days for any refund for your original product to be processed form the date you send it back to us. Once returned a refund or exchange will be issued, if appropriate.
- If you experience any problems or are not wholly satisfied with any of the animals received please contact our customer services team within 48 hours. The animal’s welfare is our main concern but all animal returns must be logged onto your account prior to return to ensure that we can process your return quickly and efficiently. Please note we will not be able to process any animal returns without a Returns Authorisation Form attached.
- Please note each animal return is reviewed on an individual basis and resulting action taken will depend on the length of time the animal has been outside of our care, the condition of the returned animal(s) and the reason for return.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
If you've changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we'll exchange or refund it.
By original condition we mean:
- You’ve kept all original packaging and labels in good condition and the product can be resold at full price.
- You haven’t used the product.
- The product isn’t damaged.
- We’re unable to refund or exchange products made to your own specifications or personalised for you, unless faulty.
- We are unable to refund or exchange products made to your own specifications or personalised for you, unless faulty.
- See below for the full list of products that cannot be returned.
- Please note that if you return products which are outside our returns policy or if you do not have proof of purchase, we are unable to process a refund, so please keep your order confirmation.
- This does not affect your statutory rights.
WHICH PRODUCTS CAN’T BE RETURNED?
The following products won’t be eligible for exchange or refund (unless faulty or not as described):
- Products you received over 30 days ago.
- Products that have been opened or unsealed (other than where necessary to inspect).
- Products without original packaging or labels.
- Products or packaging in poor condition and with no additional pricing labels or barcodes or damage from such labels.
- Perishable goods such as live and frozen food and plants.
- Where a product has been personalised for you, or made to your specific measurements e.g. bespoke vivariums.